A nice Sunday dear ones,
Today I've brought you a little treat that proves once again that the little things are often the best 😉 With such a great weather – as I write this post chirping in the garden the birds * hach * – one can very soon host the first picnic with his loved ones or friends. These small cakes are perfect for this, as they do not require much space for transporting and no cutlery to eat. How convenient, right? 🙂
Unfortunately, I must confess that I have the large version of the Apple Pie Pops – So the classic American Apple Pie – have never baked. Although this is for ages on my Nachbackliste, but it has never been the right opportunity. But since the mini version already so delicious taste, there will be the traditional cake soon!
Today there are but the first place, the cake pop version:
For the dough:
- 240g flour
- 120g Butter
- 70g sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 organic lemon (including the shell)
- 1 egg yolk
For the filling:
- 20g zerlassene Butter
- 2 apples
- 80g raw cane sugar
- ½ TL Zimtpulver
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla sugar or a Mark ½ vanilla pod if it may be vanilla
- 1 egg
- some cane sugar for sprinkling
- All dough ingredients to a smooth dough, knead, wrap in plastic wrap and place for about 60 minutes in the refrigerator.
- Peel apples, remove seeds and cut into small pieces. As a little guidance: For me these were about the size of a 2-cent coin, only slightly thicker.
- simmer the apple pieces with the melted butter, sugar, cinnamon and salt in a saucepan until the apples are soft. If you did you choose the vanilligere variant, now stir in the marrow of the vanilla bean.
Then let the filling cool briefly.
- Preheat oven to 160 ° C (circulation) Preheat.
- Roll out the dough on a floured surface about 2-3mm thick and cut out with a round cutter circuits. The diameter should be at least 5cm. For me it was 6cm, which has proven to be good. Considering the gouging that per Apple Pie Pop 2 circuits are needed. Depending on the diameter of the Ausstechers, here the number of Apple Pie Pops varied.
- Place the Stack dough circles on a lined baking tray. Whisk the egg and brush every other circle with it.
- press lightly now each a lollipop stick on a bepinselten circle. So that the weight of the small apple pie can be carried by handle, this should extend to the middle of the circle.
- About 1-2 tsp apple filling – the amount has to be adapted to the diameter of the circles – enter into the middle of bepinselten Stack dough circles. Be careful to ensure that there is still a margin left over, otherwise the pies can not be shut properly.
Now place the remaining Teighälften the circles, pushing the edge with a fork and cut with a knife (2-4 times).
- Finally, brush the surface of the Apple Pie Pops with the whisked egg and sprinkle with a little sugar.
- Bake until golden brown, the Pie Pops in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes.
So the stems can keep the chickens, they need to cool off.
Best Apple Pie Pops taste while they are still warm – but do not worry too cold, the mini-cakes are still super 😉