Was sind Cake-Pops?
Cake Pops are small cakes in style, a kind Kuchenlolli. They are made usually of cake crumbs, which are combined with the frosting to a well-moldable material. It can then not only balls, but also any other forms knead. The balls are then coated with chocolate or icing – which can be colored depending on the subject – and decorated with sprinkles as desired, and the like.
Often we read on the internet that this trend comes from the US, but according to Wikipedia Cake Pops come originally from England, more precisely from London.
These terms may run into you in the preparation of Cake Pops:
Under Frosting is understood broadly described as a cake icing. This is similar to a butter cream to the often cream cheese is mixed.
Compared with cupcakes, where the frosting is the cream on the chickens are referred to in Cake Pops the mass, which is added to the cake crumbs to make it malleable and refine taste.
This is chocolate icing lenses, also known as a melting drops. These are available in a wide variation of color and taste and serve to cover the mini cake on a stick with a chocolate glaze. She also serves as a basis for further decoration, for example, with sugar pearls.
What is needed?
The following things should you have on hand, that you delicious Cake Pops can craft:
- A sponge cake – also cake residues can be used from the day before.
- Any frosting. This is based mostly butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar.
- If desired flavor, or liqueur to give the Cake Pops a certain taste.
- Candy melts or chocolate. Depending on the chocolate a little coconut oil.
- Food oil-based ink (optional).
- Sugar decoration of any kind.
- Styrofoam plate or other holder to dry the cake-pops.
- Imagination and creativity 😉
Everything is there? Then you can start already!
- Crumble the cooled cake with your fingers fine. Here, do not use the hard edges. (Best equal vernaschen 😉)
- Frosting portions to give the cake crumbs and mix in with your hands until a moldable, slightly sticky mass.
ImportantJust add as much frosting, until the mixture is slightly sticky. This should not be too wet or the forms do not stick to your hands.
- Shape with hands spheres with a diameter of about 3cm.
Tip: One way to obtain uniformly sized balls weigh them. A ball of this size has a weight of about 25g.
- Place the balls for about an hour in the fridge. Alternatively, they can also be made for 15 minutes in the freezer.
- In the meantime, melt the chocolate in a water bath at low heat slowly. If the glaze to be colored or flavored one now adds food coloring or flavoring.Important:
- When coloring the chocolate, add the color gradually and stir constantly until the desired color is achieved.
- If the melted chocolate is not supple enough to coat – This depends on the particular variety – some coconut fat stir until it has the desired consistency.
- The cake balls from the fridge and bring it readily accessible. Now a lollipop stick about 2 cm dive into the melted chocolate, stuck with the glazed end into a ball and set aside briefly. Repeat for the remaining stems and balls as well.
- Now the cakes on a stick completely coat by dipping into the melted chocolate with this. By gently shaking or tapping on the bowl, drain the excess chocolate. While turning the Cake pop at the same time to provide a smooth surface.
Important: If the cake shows through the glaze, for example, if you use a dark dough and this becomes coated with white chocolate, dip the balls after a short drying once more into the glaze.
- If sugar decoration on the Cake Pops should install this as long as the glaze is still wet.
- Insert the Cake Pops to dry in the Styrofoam plate and then refrigerate. There they are durable for about 2-4 days.