There are days when I do not want forever after a hard day in the kitchen are and still have something warm on the plate. Over the years I have collected a few standard dishes that I can prepare quickly at such moments. My temporary solution here is often pasta, because with just a few ingredients and little effort can usually whip up a quick meal.
I a great Pastaliebhab is I should not be a secret anymore now. Therefore, I was immediately hooked when Clara tastesheriff the action “All love pasta!” has announced on her blog. Here there is every month a different theme about the popular noodle. It starts in January with the theme “Vegetables”.
Suitable for that I have opted for the red pepper that tastes delicious not only, but is also among the vitamin C-rich foods. For this vegetable a lightweight, vegan sauce can be cooked in a short time. This makes it ideal for stressful days on which you want to invest no more than 20 minutes for your judgment.
Pasta with vegetable chili
Ingredients: (For 2 people)
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbs. olive oil
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 200g Pasta
- 6-8 Basilikumblätter
- Onion and garlic cubes and fry until soft in a large pan with the olive oil.
- Meanwhile, wash the peppers, clean and cut into cubes. These add to the pan and fry for about 15 minutes over medium heat until they are soft.
- Add the vegetables together with the basil leaves (two set aside for decoration) in a bowl and mash with a hand blender to a creamy sauce and season with salt and pepper.
- The noodles in the meantime in salted water until al dente, so that they are approximately the same time as the sauce ready.
- Finally, the noodles drain, give with the sauce in the pan, mix well and garnish with the basil leaves. Serve immediately and enjoy.
For more tips and information:
- When pasta is this short pasta such as penne or fusilli are, as they absorb the sauce better than, for example spaghetti.
- If you like it spicy, can still mix some chili under the sauce.
- If it does not have to be vegan, some fresh cheese can be added for an extra creaminess.
If you like to try a dish?
Should it go faster? Then I can delicious you Spaghetti alla carbonara recommend. These are done in less than 15 minutes and as easily prepared by following all the important tips. I call that real Feierabend kitchen!
What are your favorite dishes when it needs to go quickly?