Hard to believe that April is almost over. This month it went here on Sundays always sweet, for I have you in my Blogreihe “Italian Kitchen – Learn all about…” shows how you easily cooked Italian classic dessert.
Which dessert was because so far your favorite?
Today's dessert will probably know some of you again: Tartufo. This is an icecream sundae of chocolate and hazelnut, which is coated with a chocolate layer. Inspired this Eiskomposition is from the famous truffles.
There are now felt thousands of variations of this dessert, the classic version – the so-called Tartufo di Pizzo – always consists of these two flavors of ice cream and the core still has chocolate ganache.
Compared to the other presented here dessert classics preparation of Tartufo is much more complicated and time-consuming. People who have no patience should perhaps choose another dessert or a simplified form – without ganache – try.
My version presented here does not correspond to one hundred percent of the original because it is shaped in Calabria by selling ice cream in a very short time before the customer using the hands. I opted for a variant that is at home rather impractical in my opinion.
In addition to the ingredients for this you need an ice machine and a silicone mold with hemispheres at least have a diameter of 7 cm. Of course it is also possible to save time to buy the ice ready. At this point, everyone must decide for themselves how much effort he really wants to operate. If you make the ice itself, it is important that you use fresh eggs!
Ingredients: (For 12 pieces each 7cm diameter)
For the chocolate: (makes about 500g)
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 120g chocolate
- 250ml Scene
For the hazelnut: (makes about 800g)
- 100g ground hazelnuts
- 450ml milk
- 140g Zucker
- 1 tbsp vanilla sugar
- 3 eggs
- 350ml Scene
For the chocolate center:
- 80ml Scene
- 80g chocolate (bittersweet)
- 8g Glukosesirup
- Cocoa powder for dusting (ca. 3-4 EL)
Chocolate ice cream:
- egg yolks, egg and sugar in a bowl and stir very frothy.
- The chocolate chop and melt in a double boiler. The liquid chocolate should be warm to the touch before the next step.
- Subsequently, these add to the egg mixture and mix well.
- Whip the cream until stiff and fold.
- enter into the ice machine and then kept in a closed container in the freezer, the finished mass to freezing (about 30-40 minutes).
- Roast the hazelnuts in the pan easily.
- Milk, sugar and vanilla sugar add, bring to the boil over medium heat and let cool down.
- then enter the nut milk through a sieve and set aside.
- The eggs with the food processor or an electric mixer set up a few minutes, add the cream and the nut milk and mix well.
- freeze the mixture into the ice cream maker for about 30-40 minutes and then store in an airtight container in the freezer.
- Heat the cream in a saucepan over low heat until just before cooking.
- Meanwhile, chop the chocolate finely.
- Then remove the pan from the heat, add the chocolate and glucose syrup and stir until a homogeneous mass.
- This cool down in a shallow vessel to room temperature. To avoid skin formation on the surface, to cover the chocolate mass with cling film so that the film touches the ground.
- Then, the filling decant into a pastry bag and refrigerate.
Once all the components are ready, the dessert can be completed. For this, do the following:
- Take the chocolate for about 10 minutes before use from the freezer.
- (About 0.5 cm thick) lining the hemispheres of the silicon mold with a thin Schokoladeneisschicht.
Tip: For this, the back of a teaspoon is best, with which you can also highlight the layer smooth.
- Place the mold in the freezer for about 20 minutes.
- Just like the chocolate should get the hazelnut ice for about 15 minutes before it is processed out of the freezer. This is distributed to the chocolate that only about 1.5 cm deep well remains in the center.
- freeze the mold for another 20 minutes.
- Then, with the pastry bag to distribute the filling into the dish and again freeze the hemispheres 20 minutes.
- Finally, cover the hemispheres with ice and smooth. Here, both as chocolate hazelnut ice cream also can be used, depending on taste and availability.
- The Tartufi now come for another hour in the freezer. bring these just before serving out of the mold and dust with cocoa powder.
The finished Tartufi can be stored up to one month in the freezer. It is important that these are really dusted shortly before serving with cocoa, as it would otherwise attracts moisture.
Although the preparation of the Tartufo due to the many steps is very expensive, this ice cream dessert convinced if only visually with guests. The great thing about the homemade version is the individuality that you have here.
You may not chocolate? How about with a vanilla or a fruit ice? Very tasty I imagine a version of fiordilatte and raspberry ice cream before. Rages you Just creatively from!
So, that was it with the series to the Italian classic dessert. Maybe you is indeed noticed that they were all desserts for which you do not bake. In baked classics you are allowed you into the distant future also pleased. In May, however, Sundays go back and hearty here.
What will be the next topic? Just stop on Sunday over and stay tuned! I look forward to you 🙂